Capcom has announced Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite. The game made its official debut during Sony’s press conference at PlayStation Experience 2016. As previous reports and rumours suggested, the latest entry in the all-star fighting game will arrive in 2017.
Capcom has also released an overview of the game’s features, revealing the new game is 2v2 instead of the traditional 3v3 format.
Check out the full details below.
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and free-form 2v2 team battles, which allow for new gameplay dynamics never-before-seen in the franchise.
- Infinite Power: Choose one of the six powerful Infinity Stones from the Marvel Universe to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone will customize characters with unique abilities and powerful game-changing effects that can quickly turn the tide of battle.
- Iconic Heroes: Select from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from the Marvel and Capcom Universes, including Captain Marvel and Iron Man from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission, and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
As part of the announcement, it was also confirmed that Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will be available to download and play on PS4 from 3rd December. It will then follow on Xbox One and PC in March 2017.