Studio Wildcard has posted on its forum to announce the launch of some new experimental servers for the PC version of ARK: Survival Evolved that focuses more on survival elements.
“We’ve just launched some new experimental Official Servers on PC,” the developer wrote. “These are a bit different to our standard servers as they do not allow players to tame, ride, or breed creatures. ARK has a lot of core survival elements to it, and we wanted to see how players would find playing the game without the help of their trusty tames.
“Of course, this doesn’t mean we’re moving to a non-dino focused environment, it’s just another customization we’ve introduced for everyone. So give it a go, let us know what you think!”
These experimental servers have the following features:
- 120 Players
- No Taming
- Boosted Harvesting and EXP Rates! (2x rates of normal — so with the current event, it’s pretty much 6x OLD-ARK!)
- Titanosaur has been removed
- Auto Turrets have been removed
- Difficulty Level is currently set to 2.0
- Tribes are limited to 10 players
- Isolated Cluster
The developer has stated that these servers are completely “experimental” so there’s a chance that they will never become a active server after testing.
Source: Studio Wildcard