Klei Entertainment is an independent game studio located in Vancouver, Canada. This small developer already has a wealth of knowledge behind them when it comes to utilising the ‘open access model’ on Steam. Invisible Inc, Mark of the NINJA, Don’t starve and Don’t Starve Together are just a few of the popular titles they have created in the past. Available now via Steam as an alpha build – priced at £14.99, Oxygen Not Included is their newest game, a space-colony simulation game where you have to oversee and manage your colonists.
Manage your colonists and help them dig, build and maintain a subterranean asteroid base. You’ll need water, warmth, food, and oxygen to keep them alive, and even more than that to keep them happy.
Along with their announcement, Klei Entertainment also announced their upcoming plans for the title:
- More things that are sensitive to the effects of temperature
- More tools to deal with temperature
- Improved base sustainability
- More ways to create sustainable systems for resources such as water, fertilizer, dirt etc.
- Improved stress gameplay
- More stress responses and behaviours for strung out Duplicants
- More ways to reduce and prevent stress
- New biomes and creatures
- Buried Artifacts
- Mysterious objects hidden in the world that may help or harm you
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Dual Core 2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (AMD or NVIDIA equivalent)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 2 GB available space
If you would like to check it out, visit the game’s Steam page HERE.