Alongside the TEK tileset, Wildcard are also introducing the TEK Forcefield. The TEK Forcefield is a large dome, adjustable in size, which is powered by Element that protects all allied creatures, structures, and players within it. The forcefield provides great resistance to incoming attacks and prevents non-home members from entering the structure.
Microraptor Gnarilongus, resembling a bird with a reptilian face, the Microraptor is a vicious predator that is instantly aggressive to anything its size or smaller (including humans). Able to jump, run and do short glides, Microraptor is incredibly dangerous alone or in packs, and when trained, they can take riders right out of the battle by dismounting them and stunning them during combat.
Thylacoleo Furtimorsus, also known as the “marsupial lion”, Thylacoleo is a powerful predator native to the island’s redwood forests. A strong bite – the strongest of any land mammal – and bolt cutter-like teeth, make this creature a formidable ambush predator, leaping from above to crush the necks of its prey. These fearless mammals have been known to climb up Redwood trees and pounce great distances as their prey come into sight.
The full patch notes for Version 255 can be seen here:
- New Dino: Electrophorus!
- New Dino: Microraptor!
- New Dino: Ammonite!
- New Dino: Thylacoleo!
- New Structure: Tek Forcefield
- New Structures: Tek Tileset & Tek Doors
- New additional head head hairstyle and additional facial hairstyle
- 30 new Explorer Notes
- Rocket Launcher & C4 rebalance: C4 now does approximately 70% more damage to Structures than Rockets. Rocket Launcher can no longer have Item Stats (though its base Damage has been increased 20% to compensate). Rocket Turrets now take a slight amount of damage when they fire, and can not fire under 5% HP.
- C4-carrying Flyers now move at a fixed slow speed.
- Item Stats on all Official Servers are now clamped to negate the old no-longer-achievable OP items generated by then-unbalanced Fishing Rod.
- Added option for per-Tribe Dino Tame limit, enabling on Official PvE servers with a max of 500 Dinos Per Tribe (with on-screen indicator of Tribe Dino count). To use it, run with ?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=Number
- Added option to auto-destroy claimable decayed dinos on load, rather than have them remain around as Claimable. To use this, run with ?AutoDestroyDecayedDinos=true. Official PvE servers now have this enabled.
- Various network optimizations. Major rendering and threading optimizations to come in subsequent minor version update.
We have also updated the notes to include what we plan to bring in for our upcoming update in March!
Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: March 29
– New Mechanic: Aquatic & Amphibious Creature Breeding
– New Dino: Equus!
– New Dino: Leedsichthys!
– New Dino: Ichthyornis!
– New Dino: Iguanodon!
– New Structures & Mechanic: Tek Underwater Bases
– New Structure: TEK Teleporter
– New Structure: TEK Mosa Saddle
– New Structure: Tek Power Generator
– New TEK Cave
[MORE NOTES TO COME!]