Developers Blackmill Games and M2H have just released WW1 trench warfare PC-hit Verdun on the Xbox One, what’s more, it’s available via the Xbox One Store with a 40% launch discount. Originally Verdun was set for release last year, but after several setbacks, it was decided to delay the Xbox One version until Q1 2017. Thanks to the hard work by the Developers over the past few months, it’s finally ready to go.
Along with the nice discount, Xbox One users will also be receiving the latest addition to the game: Scottish troops as a free patch after release. And if that’s not enough for you there will be another community sharing event where players can win several Xbox One Verdun keys and Verdun thermos flasks. All players have to do is share a screenshot, gif or video showing how they would heat things up in the trenches – either on the Facebook page HERE or via Twitter with the hashtag #fireupVerdun HERE.
The game takes place on the western front between 1914 and 1918, in one of the bloodiest conflicts in world history. The developers were inspired by the infamous Battle of Verdun in 1916. The game offers 4 distinct game modes; Frontlines, Attrition, Rifle Deathmatch and Squad Defense. There are also many historically accurate features included such as realistic WW1 weaponry, authentic uniforms, gore, and maps based on the real battlefields of France and Belgium.Verdun key features include:
- Realistic World War 1 gameplay: Authentic weaponry with realistic bullet physics, skill based weapon handling, accurate gore, poisonous gas with a claustrophobic gas mask experience, and ferocious artillery barrages
- Tactical squad-based FPS: Unique squad levelling system, distinct squad types and roles, and voice chat
- True trench warfare: Real-time dynamic frontline with momentum-based attack and counterattack gameplay
- Authentic World War 1 setting: Typical WW1 music and style, historical battlefields set on the Western Front
- Challenging game modes: Team-based Frontline, tactical Attrition, skill-based Rifle Deathmatch and desperate survival in Squad Defense
Verdun is available on the Microsoft Store HERE.