Berlin indie studio Point Blank Games have just announced that their newest title – Shock Tactics, will be released on PC April 11th, 2017. The game combines fast-paced tactical combat with exploration elements and intricate squad management. Not only that the game will include and a complex cover system, where it is crucial to use the terrain to your advantage. Position yourself above the enemy and strike both swiftly and decisively in action-packed strategic battles.
You are the leader of a small vanguard of space pioneers, on a mission to scout a newly discovered planet. On Hephæst, you must try to harness unexplored alien technology to withstand the relentless attacks of the powerful Imperial Consortium, pirates and aliens. A thrilling race against time unfolds, as players have to quickly secure excavations on the procedurally generated world map and ensure their technological edge in the war over Hephaest.
- Challenging squad tactics combat: Lead your strike team against smart enemies that employ a large array of tactics. Know your enemy, build a strategy, rule the battlefield.
- Strike team progression: Harness the power of the alien artifacts to upgrade your base, built new weapons and armor and train your soldiers with different abilities to fit your playstyle.
- Full Control: Action Points allow you to move your soldiers with full control and the interrupt system enables long sprints, that are stopped when new enemies are spotted, so you can assess the situation and spend your remaining Action Points accordingly.
- Aggressive Tactics: Always drop right into the action and bring the fight to the enemy before he can reinforce his positions. Play fast tactical assaults on time sensitive objectives and stay in full control.
- Hostile Planet: The procedurally generated world map leads to different strategic situations in each game session. Fight in three different environments of Hephæst to claim the alien artifacts.
- Fate of Hephæst: Experience a story revealing the secrets of the planet while the great factions steer towards a final battle deciding their fate in the galaxy.
Shock Tactics will be available for 14.99 UK / 19.95 EURO on Windows PC as a digital download on Steam, and physically in stores worldwide in cooperation with EuroVideo.