Award-winning veteran games developer and international games label Team17 and Playtonic Games, the UK studio formed by veterans of the platforming genre, are excited to announce that Yooka-Laylee is out now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac and Linux! Available as a digital download or, if you prefer the feel of a good old disk, then a boxed version has been made available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One from select retailers. Not got one of the above consoles? Dont worry as a Switch version is also in development.
Yooka and Laylee venture out from the safety of their home in Shipwreck Creek to explore deep inside the work halls of a baneful business known as the Hivory Towers, to find the “Pagies” needed to explore the mysterious Grand Tomes as the buddy-duo battle to stop Capital B and Dr. Quack from absorbing all the world’s literature and converting it into pure profit. Using their arsenal of special moves, our heroes will tackle a huge variety of puzzles and platforming challenges in their search for Pagies, the golden bounty used to unlock — and expand — stunning new worlds, each jammed to the gills with oddball characters, hulking bosses, minecart challenges, retro-tastic arcade games, quiz shows, multiplayer games… and much more!
- 5 engrossing worlds that can be explored and expanded. Expanding a world adds in new areas to explore, new characters to meet and even a boss to defeat! Visit Tribalstack Tropics, Glitterglaze Glacier, Moodymaze Marsh, Capital Cashino and Galleon Galaxy.
- A colourful hub world to navigate. Start off in Shipwreck Creek, Yooka and Laylee’s home, moving into Hivory Towers, pesky Capital B’s lair!
- 8 unique local multiplayer arcade games for up to four players
- Bee-Team! Connect an additional control to buddy up. Taking control of the Bee Team, the second player can grab quills and collect and store butterflies for when Yooka and Laylee are in need of a boost
- A dream soundtrack. Grant Kirkhope (Banjo-Kazooie) and David Wise (Donkey Kong Country) combine for a melodic masterpiece! Seriously, clean out your ears – they’re in for a treat.
To celebrate the release, Team 17 have unveiled a new launch trailer, check it out below.
Not sure what Yooka-Laylee is all about? Take a look at our review HERE for more detailed information regarding the game.