DotEmu, developer and publisher specialising in modern releases of beloved retro games, and Lizardcube, have just announced that Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap is now available for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. With a PC version scheduled in for an early summer release, the game’s Steam page has gone live so fans looking to play Wonder Boy on PC can favourite it and be kept up to date when the game launches on PC.
The cult classic returns with a unique blend of exploration, action, and adventure. Cursed into a half-human, half-lizard monstrosity by the Meka-Dragon, you are in search for a cure! The only way you can return to human form is to find the Salamander Cross, a magical item with the power to remove curses…
- Beautiful, hand-drawn animations.
- A re-orchestrated soundtrack.
- Explore large, interconnected locations populated with grumpy monsters and exotic dragons – Dragons of all kinds! A Zombie Dragon! A Mummy Dragon! A Samurai Dragon!
- 6 playable forms for our shape-shifting hero, with different abilities: Lizard-Man, Mouse-Man, Piranha-Man, Lion-Man and Hawk-Man.
- Play as the game’s classic character, “Wonder Boy”, or as his brand-new, long-awaited co-star “Wonder Girl”.
- 3 difficulty levels catering to players of all types.
- Switch from modern graphics and sound to 8-bit graphics/audio at any time – even during gameplay, thanks to the “Retro Feature”.
- A huge interconnected world!
- An eye-patch wearing shop-keeper pig who may or may not provide a sense of warmth and direction!